Cowdenhill Brickworks. Were these also known as the Blairdardie or Garcadden Brickworks or was there another brickworks on the banks of the canal nearer to Cowdenhill? Below – 1859 – A map showing the relationship between Cowdenhill on the right and the Blairdardie/Garscadden Brickworks on the left. Below – 19/05/1875 – Glasgow Herald – Cowdenhill…
Canmore – Wallhouse Brick and Tile Works: A small brick and tile works half a mile W of Wallhouse mansion from which it takes its name. It consists of two sheds at right angles for drying the bricks etc., and two small kilns for burning them. The clay pits are on the W side of the sheds to which runs a small wooden tramway for conveying the tiles etc. as they are made to the kilns. There is a neat one storey cottage which is the residence of Mr [John] Alexander, the owner, who has it feued from W Gillon Esq. of Wallhouse.
Below – 1854 – Wallhouse Brick and Tile Works.
c. 1860s – Works closed?