Found by Ian Suddaby in the Alloa area. This example is not in my possession. George Turnbull Company, Dykehead Fire Clay Works, Bonnybridge, Falkirk. . . .
Abronhill Fireclay Mine, Castlecary – The fireclays were leased to Robert Miller in 1883, who started to work the fireclays by drift mines on the east side of the Glenvault Valley, and south of the Caledonian Railway. At least 7 mines were driven into the fireclays in 2 levels. The upper level contained about 10 feet of fireclay, while 8/10 feet lower down another 6 feet of fireclay was worked. George Turnbull of Bonnymuir Fireclay Works took over the leasehold about 1887 but he died in 1889 and little further mining was done. The mines were closed in 1899. – Kenneth Sanderson.
1875 – 76 – Glenvault Fire Clay Office, 188 Buchannan Street, Glasgow.
1881 – 1882 – Invoices x 2 – J & D B Miller, Glenvault Fire Clay Depot, West Street, Glasgow. These details are crossed out and the following is added – William Couper Tait, accountant, Glasgow trustee on the trust estate of J & D B Miller. 69 West Regent Street, Glasgow.
1886 – John Miller & Sons, brick and tile manufacturer, Abron Hills, Cumbernauld.
1893 – R. Miller, Glenvault, Cumbernauld.
1893 – Miller and Sons, brick and tile manufacturers, Abron Hills, Cumbernauld.
12/09/1913 – Edinburgh Evening News – New companies. The Glenvault Fireclay Company, 65 West Regent Street, Glasgow was registered as a limited partnership.
Below – 23/10/1913 – Clyde Bill of Entry and Shipping list – Glenvault Fireclay Co, 65 West Regent Street, Glasgow.
19/06/1914 – Kilsyth Chronicle – The Glen Vault Fireclay Company has now issued its new prospectus. The new company will be known as the Glenvault and Campsie Fireclay, Lime and Coal Co Ltd. That there are 13750 shares at £1 offered to the public.
19/06/1914 – Kirkintilloch Gazette – Industrial developments in the district are fore-shadowed by the formation of the Glenvault and Campsie Fireclay Lime & Coal Company with a capital of £20,000 to work extensive deposits of fireclay and limestone in the Glenboig and Campsie districts.
20/06/1914 – The Scotsman – New company. The Glenvault and Campsie Fireclay, Lime, and Coal Co., Ltd., 65 West Regent Street, Glasgow to acquire fireclay and limestone properties &c at Glenvault, Cumbernauld and Balglass. Lennoxtown. Capital, £20,000 in £1 shares.
02/10/1914 – Kilsyth Chronicle – What folk are saying! – That the Glenvault Fireclay Company have now got their works almost completed. That they are sending off a good quantity of clay both in its raw state and also ground.
1914 – 1915 – Glenvault Fire Clay Office, 65 West Regent Street, Glasgow.
Below – 03/11/1915 – The Scotsman – Glenvault and Campsie Fireclay Lime and Coal Co Ltd in liquidation.
26/02/1916 – Hamilton Advertiser – On an early day at Abronhill, Cumbernauld. Plant and machinery belonging to the Glenvault and Campsie Fireclay, Lime and Coal Co Ltd (In liquidation).
Below – 15/04/1916 – Hamilton Advertiser – Sale of the Glenvault and Campsie Fireclay, Lime and Coal Co Ltd – in liquidation.