Canmore 17/05/1878 – Glasgow Herald – To contractors and others – MacDonald, Eadie and Waddell have opened Cityside Brick, Pipe and Fireclay Works, near Bellside and are prepared to supply composition bricks and all kinds of fireclay Goods on the most reasonable terms. Cityside Works, by Holytown. also possibly relevant 1878 – Hamilton McCulloch and…
Below – 1859 – Bog Colliery and nearby clay pit.
1886 – Hamilton McCulloch & Co, coal masters and fire clay goods manufacturers, Home Farm and Bog Collieries & Works (On the estates of His Grace the Duke of Hamilton), near Hamilton. Head Office 88 Great Clyde Street. Branches 111 West Nile Street, Glasgow, 34 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh and 3 Chapel Street, Greenock.
James Hamilton, coal master(Hamilton McCulloch and Co), Derwent Villa, Crosshill.
Hamilton McCulloch is also listed under a heading ‘Enamelled brick manufacturers’. (Page 238) and ‘Fire brick makers and manufacturers of fire clay goods’ (Page 241).