Darngaber Brick and Tile Works, South Quarter, Hamilton, South Lanarkshire

Canmore

27/07/1849 – Glasgow Herald –  Farm to let – Darngaber containing about 73 acres or thereby is four miles from Hamilton, to which there is an excellent road and a ready market for all description of farm produce. There is a going tilework on the farm and coal and lime close by.

1851 – Glasgow Herald – Farm to let – Darngaber as now occupied by John Hamiton, containing 72 acres Scotch or thereby, lying about 4 miles from Hamilton and close to coal, lime and drain tiles

Below – 1858 – Darngaber Brick and Tile Works. They are disused by the 1896 map.

Below – 16/02/1869 – Hamilton Advertiser – Public sale of a steam engine and circular saw bench, brick and tile machinery and plant at Darngaber Tileworks near Quarter Ironworks …. Contact Mr Matthew Walker at Quarter …

Tagged with: