Blackness Brick and Tile Works, Brickfield, Bo’ness and Carriden Parish, Falkirk Open prior to 1834. Date of closure is unknown but the works were open till at least 1854 – 55 as they appear on the survey of that year. The works were in close proximity to the valuable clay deposits at Brickfield and appear to…
1855 – Ordnance Survey Name Book – On Trinlymire [sic: name changed later to Trinlaymire] farm is a brick and tile works in which tiles for draining are principally manufactured. Of late it has been but little worked. The occupier is Thomas Struthers. The proprietor is the Earl of Hopetoun.’
1855 – 1859 – ScotlandsPlaces – Trinlymire. A good farmhouse two storeys high with suitable office houses etc. attached and a farm of good arable land. On this farm is also a brick and tile works in which tiles for draining are principally manufactured, of late it has been but little worked. The occupier is Thomas Struthers. The property of the Earl of Hopetoun.
1858 – Mineral Statistics of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland for 1858 – A kiln exists at Trinlymere, Dalmeny and bricks and tiles &c are manufactured there.