Found by Ian Suddaby at the old Wallyford Colliery site.

Wallyford Brickworks, Musselburgh, East Lothian.

There is no “Edinburgh” brickworks but the Edinburgh Collieries Company owned collieries at Bankton, Bellyford, Carberry, Fleets, Wallyford and Prestongrange, the latter two sites also having brickworks. Either could have produced this brickmark although Wallyford seems to be the favourite among brick enthusiasts. The company of James Waldie & Sons, tile and brick makers were absorbed into the Edinburgh Collieries Company in 1907. Another possibility? – (a fair theory from GB)


Tagged with: ,

Similar articles