Stand Fireclay Co Ltd, Victoria Pottery, Barrhead, East Renfrewshire.

Company formed and held mineral leases, including fireclay at Stand and Raebog, New Monkland and at Shotts, Lanarkshire and Fauldhouse, West Lothian. It was owned by Shanks of Barrhead.

10/04/1937 – The Scotsman – The Stand Fireclay Company ( Ltd . ), Victorian Pottery, Barrhead.  Private company to carry on the business of coalmasters, colliery proprietors etc.  Capital, £500 in £ 1 shares . Subscribers—Douglas J . Shanks, Sanitary engineer, 9 Huntly Gardens. Glasgow; G M Shanks, Sanitary engineer, 176 Nithsdale Road. Glasgow; Robert Moir, Manager, 46 46 dalziel Drive, Glasgow.

1950 – Company dissolved.

Similar articles