30/07/1870 – Hamilton Advertiser – Advert – The property known as Midhill, Parish of Shotts, will be let for a brick and tile work for such a period as may be agreed upon.
It extends to about 12 acres imperial and is situated within a mile of Bellside Station of the Caledonian Railway. A branch of the railway intersects it and a siding into the property is now open.
The clay is of considerable thickness and has been tested and found to be of good quality. There are dwelling houses on the property which will be let with the clay if required.
For further particulars, apply to J.M Robertson, Writer, 57 St George Place, Glasgow who will show the conditions of the lease and with whom offers may be lodged. Glasgow 05/07/1870