Glenellrig Brick and Tile Works, Falkirk, Stirlingshire

Glenellrig Brick and Tile Works, Falkirk, Stirlingshire. (Note – SBH – See also the much later Glenelrig Brick Company).

Source Falkirk Museum and Archive – they have reference to an early Glen Ellrig Brickworks at Gardrum Moss, Shieldhill, Falkirk.

They were established prior to 1855.

The works were on the property of William R Ralston and were owned by John Scott.

They had their own clay mine. They are recorded in the valuation roll 1855 – 1856.

Below – 11/10/1860 – Falkirk Herald  – Glenellrig Brick and Tile Work to let.


Below – 1860 – Glenellrig Brick and Tile Works.


Below – 28/05/1864 – Falkirk Herald – Glenellrigg Brick and Tile Works to let.

24/07/1866 – Falkirk Herald – Advert – Brick and Tile Work to Let. Entry at Martinmas first. The brick and tile work on the Estate of Glenellrigg, Parish of Falkirk. The proprietor is prepared to get an engine put up to grind the clay.  There are houses on the ground, a great many sheds and a kiln for burning the bricks. There is a coal pit about 1/2 a mile from the works. Apply James Colquhoun, Balquhatston(e), Slamannan.



Tagged with: ,

Similar articles