The works were owned by the Ironmaster William Dixon of Govan. It is believed the brickworks were operational pre-1854 and were managed by Allan and Mann, St Enoch’s Square, Glasgow. c.1854 – Brickworks established? Below – 1858 – Mallsmire Fire Brick Works. Below – 1858 – Mallsmire Fire Brick Work. 1858 – 1861 – ScotlandsPlaces…
Found by Davy McGarrigle in Paisley.
Likely to read ‘McIlwraith & Fullarton Mallsmire Glasgow’ – this is based on the 2 images below
Below – McIlwraith & Fullarton – the bottom line of the stamp appears to read ‘Mallsmire’.
Below – Found by George Kennedy in the Carluke area ( the bottom line of the stamp appears to end SGOW)