1856 – 1857 – ScotlandsPlaces – Newmains Brick and Tile Works. Extensive brick & Tile works on the farm of Mains the property of Mr James Baird. John McHaffie proprietor. James Jackson occupier. Below – 1858 – Newmains Brick and Tile Works, Eastwood.
Eastwood Mains Brick and Tile Works, Thorniebank, Glasgow
1862 – Eastwoodmains Tileworks – James Baird, Thornliebank, Glasgow
16/06/1863 – Glasgow Herald – To brick and tile makers – To let. That Brick and Tile Work at Eastwood Mains, so successfully carried on by the late Mr James Baird during the last 14 years; together with the kilns, sheds and other erections thereon. The clay is of first-rate quality and there is a very great demand for tiles in the neighbourhood. Eastwood Mains is situated on the Kilmarnock New Road and about 4 miles southwest of Glasgow …
13/06/1867 – Glasgow Herald – To let. The Brick and Tile Work situated at Eastwoodmains in the parish Eastwood or Poles and about 4 miles south of Glasgow. The clay is of a very superior quality and the engine, kilns, sheds and other buildings are in good order. An enterprising tenant will find this a favourable opening. Entry at Candlemas next. Pollokshaws 06/06/1867.
01/05/1880 or 01/05/1886 – Invoice – Baird & Woodburn, Eastwood Mains Brick and Tile Work, Thornliebank.
29/10/1881 – Ardrossan and Saltcoats – Baird and Woodburn, Eastwood Mains Tileworks, Thornliebank beg to intimate that they have appointed Mr David Thomson, auctioneer, Williamshaw, Stewarton, as their agent for the sale of drain tiles of all sizes, for Stewarton and surrounding district, delivered at stations most convenient. Any orders with which he may be entrusted will have prompt attention.