Blairs Tilework, Glenbervie, Larbert, Falkirk, Stirlingshire

Blairs Tilework, Glenbervie, Larbert, Falkirk, Stirlingshire aka Glenbervie Tilework, Glenbervie, Larbert, Falkirk.

05/12/1845 – Glasgow Herald – Scottish Central Railway (Alloa Branch) – to make a branch leading from a point near Glenbervie Tileworks to Alloa Ferry and from thence to a point near Tillicoultry, where it is to join the proposed Glasgow and Dundee Junction Railway.

07/09/1850 – Alloa Advertiser – Scottish Central Railway – … The Alloa branch may be said to terminate at Glenbervie Brick and Tile Works …

Below – 1861 – Blairs Tileworks. Are the second tileworks to the bottom edge of the map part of Blairs Tileworks or should they be identified separately as perhaps Bogend Tileworks?

16/01/1868 – Falkirk Herald – Tilework to let – Blair’s Tilework on the Estate of Glenbervie, near Larbert Station – Particulars are given and offers received at Glenbervie, by Falkirk until 1st February.

13/06/1872 – Falkirk Herald – To let, Blair’s Tilework as occupied by the late John Leggat. Entry immediately. Apply at Glenbervie House by Falkirk. 10/06/1872

Below – 25/09/1873 – Blairs Tilework on the estate of Glenbervie for let.

21/11/1873 – Montrose, Arbroath and Brechin Review – Marriages. At Larbert, on the 3rd inst by the Rev John McLaren, John B Stewart, stationmaster, Crianlarich to Janet, only surviving daughter of the late John Legget, Glenbervie Tilework.

Below – 19/02/1874 – Falkirk Herald – Blair’s Tilework at Glenbervie for sale.

1896 – Both tileworks as depicted on the 1861 map are now gone.

Tagged with: , ,