Gargieston Tileworks were situated a mile south-west of Kilmarnock on the Troon branch of the Glasgow and South Western Railway, it was making fire brick products in 1889 when managed by Thomas Smillie. The OS map of 1911 shows a medium-sized brickworks and an open quarry to the south and another to the east which…
Below – 1856 – Whitehill Tileworks, Coylton.
Below – 05/07/1858 – Glasgow Herald – Fireclay seams to let belonging to Marquis of Ailsa’s Estates situated in the Parish of Coylton comprehending the farms of Whitehill of Martnaham, Jellieston, Bowmanston, Raithhill, Sandhill, Bargennoch, Overton, Newparks, Bogside etc.
Below- 17/01/1863 – Ayrshire Express – Drumbain Tilework, Kirkoswald to let and Whitehill Tilework, Coylton. Apply Thomas Dykes, The Castle, Maybole.
31/08/1882 – Ayr Advertiser – Deaths – Hutchison. At Kildonan Street, Coatbridge on the 26th Aug, Jane Hutchison, eldest surviving daughter of James Hutchison, late of Whitehill Tileworks, Coylton.