Scottish Silicate Brick Company Limited, Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire

Scottish Silicate Brick Company Limited.

09/06/1896 – Dundee Courier – The Scottish Silicate Brick Company, Limited with a capital of £5000 will be offered shortly for public subscription. It has been formed for the purpose of erecting works near Coatbridge to manufacture silicate bricks. These bricks are largely used in the ironworks of the West of Scotland and are at present mostly made in England and Wales.

17/10/1896 – Aberdeen Press and Journal – New Scottish Companies – The Scottish Silicate Brick Company Limited to carry on the business of brick makers and exporters of bricks. Capital £10,000 divided into £1 shares.

17/10/1896 – Glasgow Herald – New Scottish Companies – The Scottish Silicate Brick Company Limited promoted with a capital of £10,000 in £1 shares to carry out an agreement with William H Norman, brickmaker, Coatbridge and to work fields or mines of clay for brick making purposes.

07/12/1898 – Dundee Courier  – Directors of the Scottish Silicate Brick Company Limited, have decided to recommend the payment of a dividend at the rate of 7 1/2 % per annum on the first year’s operations of the Company, subject to the audit of the Company’s books. They have also decided to proceed with the extension of the works in order to meet the steadily increasing demand for the bricks.

31/01/1900 – Glasgow Herald – Mr John McCartney, Cairncross, mining engineer, Coatbridge and Mr Alexander Pettigrew, stationer, Coatbridge have joined the board of directors of the Scottish Silicate Brick Company Limited.

1903 – Scottish Silicate Brick Company Limited, Braehead, Bargeddie, Glasgow. (Note – SBH – Does this information imply the Scottish Silicate Brick Company Limited operated from the Braehead Brickworks, Bargeddie?).

Below – 01/05/1909 – Airdrie and Coatbridge Advertiser – Scottish Silicate Brick Company Limited in liquidation.

Similar articles