Found by Justin Hazuga in New Albany, Indiana, USA at the site of the old Star Glass Works factory. Wm Hudspith & Co, Wishaw Pottery and Brickworks, Wishaw. . . . .
‘Gartcraig’ and ‘Heatheryknowe, Patent, Glasgow’ bricks found by Romney Brain Port at Blakely on Bainbridge Island, Washington, USA.
Romney states ” In the late 1800s and early 1900s, the Port Blakely Mill operated as one of the largest lumber mills in the world (for many of those years, it was). (https://portblakely.com/port-
Heatheryknowe Fire Clay Works, Glasgow
Gartcraig Fire Clay Works, By Millerston, Glasgow.
Below – This is a list of the bricks found at the above location by Romney.
1. SNOWBALL (Snowball Fire Brick Works, Swalwell, County Durham, England) – (1854-1935).
2. WILSON – BROUGHTON MOOR (Broughton Moor Colliery and Brickworks, Broughton Moor, Allerdale in Cumbria, England) – (1880s).
3. HEATHERYKNOWE PATENT GLASGOW (Heathery Knowe Colliery & Fire Clay Works, Baillieston and Glasgow, Scotland) – (1867-1889).
4. GARTCRAIG (Gartcraig Fire Clay Mine, Scotland) – (1876-1920).
5. T. CARR (Thomas Carr & Son, Newcastle-on-Tyne, England) – (1827-1918).
6. M.T & Co. (M. Thompson & Company, Quesburn and later Scotswood, near Newcastle, England – (1860s – ?).
7. ATLAS (Atlas Fire Brick Company, Los Angeles, CA) – (1918-1928).
8. LIVERMORE (Livermore Fire Brick Company, Livermore, CA) – (1910- 1917).
9. CLAYBURN (Charles Maclure & Son, Clayburn Brick Plant, Clayburn, British Columbia, Canada) – (1905-1931).
10. W.W. Co. (? – no clear information).
11. COWEN (Joseph Cowen & Co., Blaydon-on-Tyne, England) – (1823- 1904).