Director of Bricks for Scotland

0 5

05/09/1941 – Carluke and Lanark Gazette  –  To control bricks – Mr Lockhart W Hutson, who was for some years resident in Carluke has been appointed Director of Bricks for Scotland by the Minister of Works in succession to Mr T.P Bennett, now Director of Works. Mr Hutson was formerly Deputy Director of Bricks and he is succeeded in the post by Mr James M Honeyman. The new Director of Bricks is well known in Carluke where he took a prominent part in the affairs of Carluke E.U Congregational Church.