Birkenshaw Tileworks, Eastwood, East Renfrewshire

23/06/1848 – Glasgow Herald –  Three farms on the Estate of Williamwood to let … Birkenshaw Farm … There is a drain tilework with an abundance of good clay on this farm, at present in full work, which is to be let along with the farm to one tenant …

1856 – 1857 – ScotlandsPlaces -John McHaffie, proprietor. James Jackson, occupier.  Situated on the farm of Birkenshaw & the property of Mr Stuart, the works are wrought & leased by Mr Anderson (Thomas Anderson). (Note – SBH – Is this the same Thomas Anderson and the occupier of the Mossneuk Tileworks, Beith?)

Below – 1858 – Birkenshaw Tileworks, Eastwood Nr Glasgow.

 

Similar articles