10/05/1927 – Ballochmyle Brick Company Limited, Knowehead Quarries, Locharbriggs, By Dumfries. Incorporated On 10 May 1927. 20/6/1979 – Offices of W G Patterson & Co, Ballochmyle Brickworks, Knowehead Quarry, Dumfries & Galloway Ballochmyle Brickworks was opened in 1935 at Knowehead Quarry, Locharbriggs, 3.2km north-east of Dumfries. The brickworks used waste sandstone dust and fragments from…
Found by Tam Moffett in Fife.
Ballochmyle Brick Company Limited, Knowehead Quarries, Locharbriggs, By Dumfries.
Sand and lime brick.
Sand – lime works, Knowehead Quarry, Lochabriggs, Dumfriesshire.
Below – This is a very similar version. It does look an earlier version but it was found in a river in Dumfries by Ian Suddaby, so the differences in looks may quite simply be down to water damage.