Found by Eddie McLean in Glasgow. I do believe this is a Petershill, Glasgow brick. The only maker I am aware of is Watt & Wilson, Petershill so this may be Watt & Sons or Wilson & Sons. . . .
1886 – Watt & Wilson, railway contractors, 93 Hope st. & brickmakers, Petershill rd—T N 3,132—Cash day, last Tuesday page 182
…………………. In 1878 an Act was obtained in Parliament for the purpose of making a railway from the South Alloa branch of the Caledonian line to the town, with a bridge over the Forth, the undertaking being promoted by an independent company, backed by the Caledonian Company, who subscribed £40,000 of thie necessary capital. The foundation stone of the bridge was laid on the 5th of April, 1882, and has been successfully completed. It consists of seventeen spans, two of 100 feet, two of 80 feet, and thirteen of 68 feet, the piers on which the girders rest rising to a height of 24 feet above high water mark. In, the fairway of the channel are two opening spans of 60 feet each, which turn on a massive central pier, consisting of six cylindrical columns, to permit of vessels passing up and down the river. Each of the girders was tested with a pressure reaching to 2 cwt. to each foot of space. All are of malleable iron of such quality as will bear a tensible strain of 22 tons per square inch before fracture, and of 11 tons per square inch when in permanent way. The bridge, which has one line of rails, is 17 feet in breadth outside, and 14 feet in- side the girders; the estimated cost of tho line and bridge was £64 000. Messrs. Watt & Wilson, of Glasgow, were the contractors.
……The lands of Petershill have been laid off for feuing, and are intersected by the Caledonian, and the North British, and City of Glasgow Union Railways. A goods station of the North British is on Petershill; but it is worth noticing, so as to guard against confusion hereafter, that this has been erroneously called “The Sighthill Station,” no portion of the Sighthill lands reaching to that point. “Coburg Place,” on the west side of the Kirkintilloch Road, was feued by Captain Campbell in 1817; and the present proprietor began the feuing on the east side in 1866. There is now a great extent of buildings and a large population on the lands. The new station of the Caledonian Railway in Gordon Street is being erected with stone, principally from Petershill Quarry, by Messrs. John Watt and John Wilson, the contractors, who have feued and built extensively on Petershill…..Sourcejohn cleese melrose
1874 – 75 – Watt & Wilson, Brickmakers, Petershill, Springburn, Glasgow
1875 – Watt & Wilson, Petershill, Springburn, Glasgow
15/01/1875 – Glasgow Herald – To colliery proprietors and others – for sale, 1 of Scolefields latest improved brick making machines with crushing rollers and breakers for working up shale, blaze or other clayey substance. Bricks taken direct from the machine to the kiln without drying. Address – Watt & Wilson, Petershill, Glasgow.
1876 – 77 – John Watt of Watt & Wilson Builders.
Watt & Wilson – brickmakers, Petershill near Sighthill Station
1878 – 79 – Watt & Wilson – Brickmakers, wrights and builders, Petershill, Springburn, Glasgow
23/06/1879 – Glasgow Herald – Caledonian Railway Company upgrade Railway Stations – Central Station….. 5,000,000 bricks have been used in the Works and …The section of works we have been referring to was begun in August 1877 by Messrs Watt & Wilson, Contractors, Petershill Toad, Sighthill and though the contract time is not due for some months yet, these gentlemen anticipate that they will be able to hand over a portion of the station for the use of the Company in the opening week of next month.
1883 -1884 – Watt & Wilson – brickmakers, Petershill. Office 93 Hope Street.
1886 -1889 – Watt & Wilson, Petershill, Springburn, Glasgow
1895 – 96 – Watt & Wilson – Wrights and joiners, Railway, waterworks and building contractors