Whiterigg Fireclay Mine, East Whitburn, West Lothian

Comments Off on Whiterigg Fireclay Mine, East Whitburn, West Lothian 2

Whiterigg Fireclay Mine, East Whitburn, West Lothian aka Whitrigg?

This mine was initially owned by the Flemington Coal Company.

1947 – The mine found new owners in James Dougall and Sons per Boyd Mitchell. James Dougall and Sons used about have the clay mined and the rest was sold to the Douglas Firebrick Company.

c. 1970 – Mining ceased.

Similar articles