Found at Polton, Midlothian in 1977 and donated by Nick Basden. Pentland Brickworks Near Straiton, Midlothian . . . .
Pentland Brickworks Near Straiton, Midlothian.
16/02/1946 – The Scotsman – Pentland Brick Co Ltd, manufacturers, exporters, importers, traders and dealers in bricks, stone, clay, sand etc. Capital £1000 in £1 shares. Subscribers G.M Rhodes, solicitor and W.F. Finlayson, solicitor, 172 St Vincent Place, Glasgow (Connected to the Pentland Brickworks?)
20/12/1947 – Yorkshire Post – Bradley and Craven No 1 brickmaking Tandem or Cross Mixer, 3 tappet machine wanted – Pentland Brick Co, 99 Douglas Street, Glasgow.
12/10/1949 – The Scotsman – For hire – Dragline equipment for Priestman cub excavator. Pentland Brick Company Limited, Old Pentland, Straiton, Midlothian.
13/10/1954 – Aberdeen Evening Express – A Bonnyrigg man who was found by workmates last night with an arm caught in a brick mixing machine at Pentland Brickworks, Loanhead died before they could release him. He was James Walker (45), 22 Dalhousie Road, Bonnyrigg, an employee at the works.
Late 1950’s – The 1985 publication ‘A survey of Scottish brickmarks’ suggests the works closed around this time.