East Forton Tileworks, Athelstaneford, East Lothian

Below – 1853 – East Forton Tileworks. The works are disused by 1892.

1853 – 1854 – ScotlandsPlaces – An extensive tilework consisting of an engine, kiln and drying shed, the property of Mr Bell of Kilduff.

1853 – 1854 – ScotlandsPlaces – Extensive tileworks & consisting of a property of Mr Bell of Kilduff, they are at present unoccupied.

1858 – Mineral Statistics of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland for 1858 – A kiln exists at East Forlon (Forton), Drew (?) and tiles &c are manufactured there.

Tagged with: