Gargieston Tile Works were situated a mile south west of Kilmarnock on the Troon branch of the Glasgow and South Western Railway, it was making fire brick products in 1889 when managed by Thomas Smillie. The OS map of 1911 shows a medium sized brickworks and an open quarry to the south and another to…
Below – 1856 – Whitehill Tile Works, Coylton.
Below – 05/07/1858 – Glasgow Herald – Fireclay seams to let belonging to Marquis of Ailsa’s Estates situated in the Parish of Coylton comprehending the farms of Whitehill of Martnaham, Jellieston, Bowmanston, Raithhill, Sandhill, Bargennoch, Overton, Newparks, Bogside etc.
Below- 17/01/1863 – Ayrshire Express – Drumbain tile work, Kirkoswald to let and Whitehill Tile Work, Coylton. Apply Thomas Dykes, The Castle, Maybole.