Found by Michael Fallone in the Glasgow area. Bell, Hornsby & Co. 197 Pollokshaws Rd; brickfields, Polmadie, Glasgow, Langlands, Govan, Blairdardie, Duntocher. . . . .
AKA – Coplawhil or Coplawhill Brickworks.
Bell, Hornsby & Co. were a building and contracting firm, and one of many brick manufacturers in the Glasgow area. From the 1860s to the 1890s, local brick was widely used for factories, and for the internal and rear walls of stone-faced commercial and domestic buildings. ). Of the original partners, Alexander Hamilton seems to have been the longest-established, manufacturing bricks at Lilybank off Eglinton Street, on the south side of the city, from about 1852. He expanded into tile making, operating from a second brick works at Strathbungo in 1858, before becoming a ‘silent partner’ in Bell, Hornsby. Another partner, Robert Bell, possibly ran a bricklaying firm in South Wellington Street c. 1857 (he is not to be confused with the wealthy Wishaw and Broxburn industrialist of the same name, who was also a brickmaker). Other partners were John Thomson Hornsby and Alexander Whitelaw, a Greenock-based builder.
Below – 1888 – Strathbungo or Coplawhill Brickworks.