The following bricks were found by Benita Bond in Nova Scotia, Canada. All the bricks were found at Lochmans Beach in Sydney Mines, Nova Scoti with the exception of the Dougall brick which was found on Florence Front Beach. Glenboig Union Fireclay Company, Glenboig, Lanarkshire. Glenboig Star Fireclay Works, Glenboig, Lanarkshire. Douglas Fireclay Works, Dalry,…
‘Gartcraig’ and ‘Heatheryknowe, Patent, Glasgow’ bricks found by Romney Brain Port at Blakely on Bainbridge Island, Washington, USA.
Romney states ” In the late 1800s and early 1900s, the Port Blakely Mill operated as one of the largest lumber mills in the world (for many of those years, it was). (https://portblakely.com/port-
Heatheryknowe Fire Clay Works, Glasgow
Gartcraig Fire Clay Works, By Millerston, Glasgow.
Below – This is a list of the bricks found at the above location by Romney.
1. SNOWBALL (Snowball Fire Brick Works, Swalwell, County Durham,
England) – (1854-1935).
2. WILSON – BROUGHTON MOOR (Broughton Moor Colliery and
Brickworks, Broughton Moor, Allerdale in Cumbria, England) – (1880s).
3. HEATHERYKNOWE PATENT GLASGOW (Heathery Knowe Colliery &
Fire Clay Works, Baillieston and Glasgow, Scotland) – (1867-1889).
4. GARTCRAIG (Gartcraig Fire Clay Mine, Scotland) –
5. TCARR (Thomas Carr & Son, Newcastle-on-Tyne, England) – (1827-1918).
6. M.T & Co. (M. Thompson & Company, Quesburn and later Scotswood, near
Newcastle, England – (1860s – ?).
7. ATLAS (Atlas Fire Brick Company, Los Angeles, CA) – (1918-1928).
8. LIVERMORE (Livermore Fire Brick Company, Livermore, CA) – (1910-
9. CLAYBURN (Charles Maclure & Son, Clayburn Brick Plant, Clayburn,
British Columbia, Canada) – (1905-1931).
10. W.W. Co. (? – no clear information).
11. COWEN (Joseph Cowen & Co., Blaydon-on-Tyne, England) – (1823-