Cadder Brickworks, Kirkintilloch Road, Cadder, East Dumbartonshire aka Cadder Moss Brickworks. These Brickworks were initially operated as the Cadder Brickworks and run by a Company which changed its title to the Cadder Brick Company and then they were sold to Keir and Cawder who continued to run it as their Cadder Brickworks. 27/02/1929 – Kirkintilloch…
19/12/1928 – Kirkintilloch Herald – The new brickfield – The large new brickfield owned by Mount Vernon Colliery Coy Ltd, Moss Cottages, Bishopbriggs having been completed, the company has commenced operations for the manufacture of bricks. The latest brick making machinery has been installed with an improved feeding apparatus for the pan mills. A wire rope haulage driven from the main motor shaft conveys the blaes from an adjacent bing. Hoffmann continuous kilns have been erected with 14 chambers being capable of holding between 12,000 and 13,000 bricks. Electric light has also been installed. From the material, the firm have already secured satisfactory results. A large number of local unemployed have been absorbed and as the work develops, more will be taken on.
Shettleston Colliery, Glasgow. This colliery owned by the Mount Vernon Colliery Co. Ltd. was opened about 1872 and closed in 1923. It was located just east of where Old Manse Road passes under the Airdrie to Helensburgh railway line.
Below – 1910 – Mount Vernon Colliery. Note no reference to a brickworks Old Manse Road runs from the Manse (top middle) down under the railway line. The brickworks were in or about the area marked Shettleston Colliery.
Below – 03/11/1923 – The Scotsman – Mount Vernon Colliery and Brickworks for sale.