1845 – 1849 – 3/4 mile North West by West of Garliestown. A small irregular portion of land upon the farm of Millisle, with clay tempering machine, tile kiln
& drying sheds. (Believed to be owned by the Earl of Galloway)
Below – 1848 – 1849 – Millisle Tile Works. A quarry is shown about 100 yards to the south east but no clay pit is apparent on the map sheet
Below – 1894 – Millisle Tile Works – shows the site having expanded to the south east with a slope in that corner possibly indicating that the clay was being worked near surface into the adjacent
field. Millisle Station was located about a mile from the works; the map shows no tramway seems to have been built.
By 1906 the works are marked as disused.