Source Falkirk Museum and Archive – they have reference to an early Glen Ellrig brickworks at Gardrum Moss, Shieldhill, Falkirk. They were established prior to 1855. The works were on the property of William R Ralston and were owned by John Scott. They had their own clay mine. They are recorded in the valuation roll…
Below – 1860 – Glenelrig brick and tile works.
Below – 15/10/1860 – Glasgow Herald – Glenellrigg brick and tile works to let.
Below – 28/05/1864 – Falkirk Herald – Glenellrigg brick and tile works to let.
14/01/1964 – The Edinburgh Gazette – Companies Act, 1948 Notice is hereby given in terms of Section 353 (5) of the Companies Act, 1948 (11 & 12 Geo. 6, Cap. 38), that the names of the under-mentioned Companies have this day been struck off the Register, and such Companies are hereby dissolved: Glenelrig Brick Company Limited