Garturk Brickworks, Calder, Coatbridge, Lanarkshire

Comments Off on Garturk Brickworks, Calder, Coatbridge, Lanarkshire 5

Garturk Brickworks, Calder, Coatbridge, Lanarkshire

Owned by the Carnbroe Ironworks.  Working prior to 1863. Its name was changed to Gartuck or Garturk Brickworks by 1914. Source – Kenneth W Sanderson.

1893 – Garturk Mine. Owned by William Dixon Ltd, 1 Dixon Street, Glasgow. Mining coal and fire clay. John Allan Manager. (Note – SBH – Supplying fire clay to the Calder Ironworks Brickworks?)

Below – 1897 – The Calder Ironworks Brickworks which later changed its name to Gartuck Brickworks.

1903 – 1904 – Dixon, Wm. Ltd. Govan, Garturk, and Carfin Brickworks, 1 Dixon street.

1905 – 1906 – Dixon, Wm. Ltd. Govan, Garturk, and Carfin Brickworks, 1 Dixon street.

1906 – 1907 – Dixon, Wm. Ltd. Govan, Garturk, and Carfin Brickworks, 1 Dixon street.

1909 – 1910 – Dixon, Wm. Ltd. Govan, Garturk, and Carfin Brickworks;office, 1 Dixon street.

Below – 1910 – Garturk Brickworks.

Below – 1939 – Garturk Brickworks.

Similar articles