E & M

Found in Newcastle upon Tyne 

Emerson & Milner, Blaydon Burn, Co. Durham

An early firebrick displaying the ‘E & M’ brand used by Emerson and Milner at Blaydon Burn, the business being subsequently acquired by William Cochran Carr and although the works were later transferred to Low Benwell on the opposite bank of the Tyne, they retained the trade-mark and continued to use it until their own demise in the 1930′s, such was the reputation of the product. – AB

Tagged with:

Similar articles