Climpy Brick and Tile Works, Forth, West Lothian

Canmore

13/11/1846 – Glasgow Herald –  Farm and tilework on the lands of Climpy, Parish of Carnwath and County of Lanark, to be let … the tilework is capable of burning about 18,000 tiles with ample drying sheds and a field of clay of considerable extent and easily wrought … Mr James Halliday on the lands will point out the boundaries of the farms and give information regarding the tileworks …

Below – 1859 – Climpy Brick and Tile Works, Forth.

23/03/1859 – North British Agriculturist – The grass parks of Climpy, in the Parish of Carnwath containing upwards of 400 acres in twelve enclosures, will be let for the season by public roup on Saturday the 2nd April. After which there will be offered for sale by public roup, the whole plant and material connected with the tilework consisting of sheds, shelving, tile machine, clay mill, moulds &c also seven scores of black face ewes in lots to suit purchasers. Sale to commence at 12 o’clock. Lanark, 10th March 1859.

Tagged with: ,