Below – 19/11/1825 – The Scotsman – Ground within a mile of Edinburgh to be sold or feued for building. These 2 fields lying immediately to the east of Piershill Barracks, now called Piersfield consisting of 28 English acres. These fields are in a most advantageous situation for building, having a front of upwards of 1500 feet to the Musselburgh Road. And as it is understood that an adjoining property is for sale, an intending purchaser may considerably increase the extent of his property. The lands are full of clay, of a very superior quality for bricks and tiles and if not sold soon, by 1st of January they will be let for a brickfield. A plan of the ground by Mr Burn, architect, laying it out for building, and a report by Mr Buchanan, civil engineer, of the extent and quality of the brick clay will be found in the hands of Gibson, Craigs and Wardlaw, 7 North St Andrews Street, Edinburgh. 16/11/1825.
(Note -SBH – It is likely these fields were sold for building as no brickworks appear to have been built on the site)
Below – 1852 – Piershill Barracks and fields to the East.