09/01/1856 – North British Agriculturist – The tilework at Campsie in the Parish of Lintrathen, Forfarshire, is to let for such a period as may be agreed upon, with immediate entry. The machinery and tools and shedding are complete, and in good order, the work having been carried on until lately, for the proprietor, by a competent manager. The work is eight to nine miles north from the Meigle and Eassie Stations of the Scottish Midland Junction Railway; and about six miles west from Kirriemuir, to which there is a branch Railway and there are good roads in all directions. There is a person residing in the manager’s house who will show the work. Information as to the terms of let, &c., will be given by Mr McLaren, land surveyor at Buchal, by Alyth; and offers will be received by Mr McNicoll, The Craig by Alyth, factor for the Earl of Airlie, until the 2d February. Craig, 4th January 1856.
19/04/1859 – Dundee, Perth and Cupar Advertiser – Campsie Tilework, Parish of Lintrathen for sale. The shedding and whole articles used at this tilework when in operation, except the steam engine are to be sold by private bargain. Apply to Mr McNicoll, factor on the Airlie Estates, The Craig by Alyth. 08/04/1859.
Below – 1861 – ‘Old’ Campsie Tileworks – disused?
23/10/1894 – Dundee Courier – Suspected swine fever at Lintrathen. On Sunday information was lodged with Constable McLeod, Lintrathen to the effect that a pig belonging to Mr Thomas Mitchell, Campsie Tileworks was suspected to be suffering from swine fever … (Note – SBH – Were the tileworks still operational at this time or was it simply an address recognising the previous industry there).
1900 – OS map still refers to the site as the old tile works.