Canmore – Methil Brick Works aka Aberhill Aberhill Brickworks, Methil, Fife AKA Methil Brickworks – Methil Brick Company. Below – Many thanks to Ronald Gage for the following undated photograph of brick workers standing outside a kiln at the Aberhill Brickworks. Ronald states the Works opened in 1908, closed in 1952 and were demolished in 1976….
Broomhouse Brickworks, Broomhouse, Lanarkshire. ( Are Broomhouse Brickworks and Broomhouse Brick Co Limited 2 different companies who at one time operated the same site?)
Info – Opened 1883, closed 1 January 1917, re-opened 2 June 1919, closed 24 September 1927. The station here closed in 1927 but the signal box remained open. The signal box replaced an earlier on in 1914 and was closed in 1960. The station remained standing after closure. There was a brickworks siding. To the south of the station was the Broomhouse Colliery and to the north the Daldowie Colliery.
28/05/1932 – Airdrie and Coatbridge Advertiser – Court case. Broomhouse employee assaulted by a male stealing coal from the site.
09/06/1947 – The Scotsman – Glasgow business man’s death – Mr George Stewart Paton, Partner with his brother in the firm of Messers G & J Paton, engineers and merchants, Wellington Street, Glasgow and chairman of the Broomhouse Brick Company Ltd, died on Saturday at his home in Douglas Gardens, Uddingston. He was 60 years of age. A native of Uddingston, Mr Paton was widely known in the Scottish building trade. He was a past deacon of the Incorporation of Masons and a past President of the Scottish Cement Merchants Association. Mr Paton was a well known member of the Glasgow Conservative Club. Before WW1 he spent some time in the Argentine as a Civil Engineer.
05/01/1957 – Airdrie and Coatbridge Advertiser – 2 youths charged with stealing cable from the Broomhouse Brick Company Limited.