Berryhill Mine, Riggend, North Lanarkshire

Comments Off on Berryhill Mine, Riggend, North Lanarkshire 2

Berryhill Fireclay and Coal Company appears to have originally been predominantly a coal producing company but then they also started mining fireclay which supplied fire clay to James Towers at the Towers or Grahamston Fireclay Works, Falkirk.

c. 1939 – Closed?

07/08/1940 – Daily Record – HM Inspectorate of Mines has given notice of the abandonment of the following mines….Berryhill Nine Riggend owned by the Berryhill Fireclay and Coal Company Ltd, Falkirk.

Below – 22/05/1943 – The Scotsman – Sale of the Berryhill Fireclay and Coal Company due to the abandonment of the mine. It appears to have also been known as the North Drumgray Mine.

Similar articles