Auchlochan Collieries Ltd and Brick Works, Auchlochan, South Lanarkshire.

So far only 2 different letters have been found associated with the Dixon stamp. ‘G’ and ‘A’. It is suspected that the ‘G’ stands for the Garturk Brickworks and ‘A’ for the Auchlochan Brickworks, both of which were at one point owned by Dixon.

Canmore

Canmore

Canmore

Below – 17/12/1855 – Glasgow Herald – Auchlochan Colliery and Fire Brickworks for sale.

Below – 27/04/1863 – Glasgow Herald – Minerals to let in Auchlochan Estate including clay band and fire clay … Proprietor James T Brown, Auchlochan House by Lesmahagow …

1903 – Caprington & Auchlochan Collieries (John  Neil, manager), Auchlochan, Lesmahagow R.S.O. Lanarkshire.

1936 – 1937  – Dixon, Wm., Ltd., Govan, and Carfin and Auchlochan Brickworks; office, 1 Dixon Street, Glasgow  C.l

 

Tagged with: ,

Similar articles